Sunday, July 31, 2011

Going to the Capitol

So this weekend was Portland part 2! Last weekend on our drive down, as we were passing Olympia Marc asked "do you want to stop and visit the Capitol?" I said yes and then he kept driving past the exit. huh??? Apparantly he thought I was kidding but I wasn't. Since I grew up in Spokane, I never visited the Capitol on school field trips like Marc had, so this weekend on our way to Portland we made the detour into Olympia. It was definitely worth the pit stop! The building was beautiful and it's free & open to visitors.




Once we got to Portland, we stopped to visit the Rose Garden. It was beautiful - you could see Mt. Hood in the distance.


The other fun thing was meeting up with my friend, Sally, who I haven't seen in 13 years! We haven't aged a bit, right? :)
The rest of the weekend was dedicated to Kelley & Roko's wedding festivities! I'll create a separate post about their beautiful wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment