Wednesday, February 8, 2012

San Fran

This past weekend I was in San Francisco visiting friends. Our original plan was to go skiing in Tahoe but there wasn't enough snow to make the 4 hour drive worthwhile. Instead we stayed in the city which ended up being better because I got to see a lot more people!

On Friday, Kelley picked me up from the airport and we went to Rainbow Grocery. Kelley has been telling me about Rainbow for years and I was super excited to finally go there! It's the biggest natural/organic market I have ever been to - I could have spent hours there. If you are ever in San Fran, make sure to check it out!

Then we went back to Kelley's apartment and had lunch before attending a yoga class at Urban Flow. The studio was beautiful - huge windows, brick walls, and hardwood floors. I loved having the sunshine pour into the room and we even got to watch the sunset towards the end of class. The studio is entirely donation based which I think is amazing!

Saturday morning we went to the farmer's market and loaded up on fresh produce that we later used to make dinner. Kelley is an awesome chef so I was spoiled with delicious food all weekend! My favorite stand at the market was Mariposa Baking Co. which had all gluten-free baked goods that were incredible! It definitely rivals New Cascadia in Portland for the best gluten-free bread I've ever had.

Saturday afternoon I met up with Dasha (friend from Bali) at Gracias Madre for amazing vegan Mexican food! Dasha lives in Sacramento so it completely made my day that she drove an hour to come see me!!! We had the best time together - I couldn't stop smiling :)
Sunday I went for a long bike ride with Kelley & Roko - my friend Ali was nice enough to let me use her bike! We rode from their apartment in the Mission, across the Golden Gate Bridge, up and over the Marin hills to the Pacific Ocean, through a tunnel that led back to the Bridge, and then back to their apartment. It was about 30 miles - a fun ride with lots of hills, but we were rewarded with beautiful scenery. We met up for dinner with Ali & Morgan at Source which was another great restaurant featuring local, organic, and seasonal food. Yum!







Monday was my last day in town and I was happy to meet up with more friends from Bali! Eliette, Melisa and I went to a yoga class together and then out to brunch so we could catch up. I had such an amazing time, I didn't want to leave! Luckily it's just a short 2 hr flight away so I'm sure I'll be back again soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment