Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pride

Sunday was the Pride parade in Seattle so I made pride the theme of my yoga class for the day. Here are the quotes I read - a lot of people enjoyed, so I thought I would share them here: 1) There comes a time when you have to stand up and shout: This is me! I look the way I look, I think the way I think, I feel the way I feel, I love the way I love! Accept me or walk away. 2) When you are strong enough to love yourself 100% you will be amazed at the opportunities that life presents you.

A couple weeks I took a big group of my coworkers up to Rattlesnake Ridge for a hiking + yoga day (the same trip I did with Yogis at UW for Earth Day). Almost a third of our office came which was fantastic! Some even brought friends & family members which was an added bonus. Most people had not been to Rattlesnake Ridge before so they were amazed at the beautiful views! Well even those of us who have been there were still in awe of the view - it never gets old. A few people were afraid of heights so it took some convincing, but I finally got everyone onto the ledge for some photos. Jessica won the bravery award for being the only person to do a headstand - nice to know she trusts me enough to spot her!










No comments:

Post a Comment