Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Whistler

Whistler has been like a second home to me over the last ten years. I love it there! Beautiful in both the summer and winter! This past weekend was only my second time there this summer which is a record low for me. Usually I'm there to mountain bike at least 4 or 5 times but this summer has been too busy...all with fun activities though so I'm definitely not complaining!

On our way there, Marc and I stopped at the Honeybee Centre that is just past the boarder (if you go through the truck crossing). I have driven by it numerous times but never stopped to check it out. It was actually pretty cool! They have all sorts of educational signs about bees and honey, plus a big kids learning/play area. They have a ton of different types of honey that you can sample & buy. We bought a jar of honey and a jar of bee pollen which we use in our breakfast smoothies. Bee pollen is naturally energizing and can help with allergies. Marc has definitely noticed a difference in his allergies since he started using it about 9 months ago.

Here is a picture of the bear bee-keeper outside the store. I was actually about 15 yards away from a real bear when we were up in Whistler...but I turned and ran away before I could take a picture, so you'll have to settle for this one.

We had perfect weather on Saturday. We spent time lounging by the pool and then we went to Rainbow Park by Alta Lake. False advertising...didn't see any rainbows...but it was a beautiful park!


Here we are with Marc's family in front of the Olympic Rings in Whistler Village.
 
Sunday I met up with my friend, Aaron, and his friend, Tim, to go mountain biking. Tim is from Michigan and it was his first time at Whistler so we were excited to show him a good time! Which we did...until he took a fairly brutal crash which ended his day earlier than expected.

Here's the before picture when we were all smiles and hugs

"Just a flesh wound"

And then there were two...back up at the top of the mountain with Aaron. harder to recognize us with all our gear on:

The funniest part of the day was when Aaron pointed out this sticker on my front shock. Ha ha, oops! I've been riding downhill on this bike since 2003!

A fantastic weekend overall! Always hard to leave Whistler...I won't have another chance to go this summer but hopefully we will take a ski trip over the winter.



No comments:

Post a Comment