Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Some like it hot

I taught my first hot yoga class on Sunday! Urban Yoga Spa (where I attend classes) graciously allowed me to use their studio to host a free private class for my friends and family.

I had twenty students which was a nice size, and they had all different experience levels which made it really fun. Two of my coworkers came - one for his first yoga class ever (awesome!), and the other who just got back from maternity leave (rock on hot mama!). Plus a former coworker who I used to do yoga with at lunch (yay reunion!). A couple people had done Bikram yoga before but this was their first time doing Vinyasa (which is a completely different style). Most everyone else does yoga on a regular basis, including three of my favorite yoga instructors (love you guys!). One friend who is moving to Vail this week (so cool! but I will miss her), and another friend in town from San Francisco which made the day extra special! And of course all my Bali yogis were with me in spirit! 

It was my first time using a headset microphone so it was funny to hear my voice over the speakers. I felt like Madonna or Britney when I saw myself in the mirror before class - all that was missing were my backup dancers, ha ha! The only glitch was that the display screen for the sound system wasn't showing my music playlist, so I had to do a little bit of last minute scrambling to get it working. Once that was squared away, everything was smooth sailing. Well, unless you ask the two people who overlooked the line in the invitation stating it would be a hot yoga class - surprise! They survived though and everyone left class smiling.

This morning the studio manager said she heard really good things about the class and she invited me to teach again, woo hoo! I don't know the exact date yet but I'm thinking of doing a class focused on giving and gratitude. Perfect for the holidays...I might even throw in some Christmas music...

Speaking of holidays, here are some cute gingerbread yogis :)





No comments:

Post a Comment