Tuesday, September 6, 2011

no Labor, all play

Three day weekends are the best! That one extra day makes such a difference to have time both for activities and relaxing. Labor Day weekend is always bitter sweet as summer starts turning into fall, so we made the most of being outside. Friday we went to a BBQ at Marc's classmate's house. Marc is half way through his MBA program at the UW and his small group (of 5 people) is changing for the second half of the program. His group got together to celebrate as they go their separate ways. The best part about Marc being in school is getting student tickets for football and basketball! Saturday was the season opener against EWU and we were right in the middle of the Dawg Pack. It was a crazy game right down to the last few seconds when we barely pulled off the victory! Glad to get the win, but we'll have to do better next week if we want to have a shot against Hawaii.
Sunday and Monday we were up at Camano soaking in the sunshine. After multiple failed attempts over the past few years, we finally caught our first crab in the crab pot! I don't eat crab so I could care less, but Rob, Ka and Marc were pretty excited so I was happy for them. I had my fun at the farmers market and then got adventurous and threw an avocado on the BBQ. I just cut it in half and placed it faced down on the grill. Marc tried to talk me out of it because he thought it would end up melting and making a mess, but it actually turned out good! Even though it was a holiday weekend, there weren't too many boats out on the water. It's so peaceful up there - now I'm thinking about maybe getting a paddle board for next summer. So if anyone needs a birthday or Christmas idea for me...! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment