Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Travel Plans

Today is the day: I'm leaving for Bali!!! Well...my flight is at 2 a.m. so technically it's tomorrow, but I'll go to the airport before midnight so I'm calling it today. The good thing about a flight that late (or that early depending on how you look at it) is that I'll be really tired so hopefully I can sleep for most of the flight.

It's a 12.5 hr flight to Taipei, Taiwan where I'll have a 4.5 hr layover, and then another 5 hr flight to Bali. With the time change, I'll end up arriving on Friday at 3:15 p.m.

Our training starts Sunday afternoon so I'll have a little bit of time to get acclimated and see some sites. There will be about 40 of us in the training and I don't know anyone. One of my favorite things is that people are coming from all over the world: San Francisco, New York, London, Prague, Berlin, Cairo, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and more! Over the past month I've had fun chatting with some of the others on facebook so it will be fun to finally meet in person! Six of us are going to stay together the two nights before training starts in Seminyak, which is a beach town on the west side of the island. The training is near Ubud (central Bali) so it will be nice to hang out on the beach before heading inland.

Well I better get back to packing...I've been procrastinating all day. The laundry is done so that's a start, but now I need to actually figure out what to take. We will be living in a hotel and can have laundry done each week so that's nice. However, with all the different classes I'll probably end up changing multiple times a day, so I'll still need a lot of stuff. I will be rooming with another person...I don't know who yet...hopefully she will be a neat freak like me :) It will be like college all over again, yay!

I'll try to post when I get there. Hopefully I'll have a good internet connection but I won't really know until I'm there. Love to everyone - I'll miss you!


No comments:

Post a Comment