Thursday, September 15, 2011

T-minus 1 week

One week from today I leave for yoga teacher training! I'm going to Bali which is going to be amazing!!! I think a lot of people hear Bali and imagine that I'm going to be on vacation just relaxing, doing yoga, and hanging out on the beach. Yes, I'll get to do those things, but most of my time will actually be a pretty intense schedule of learning. Yoga Alliance requires a minimum of 200-hrs in order to get a level 1 instructor certification and the program I am doing is over 300 hrs. The curriculum will include: techniques of yoga; teaching methodology; anatomy and physiology; yogic scripture, philosophy, ethics and lifestyle; group practicum and presentation skills.

Here is a sample "day in the life" of the teacher training:
6:00am – 7:00am Meditation and Pranayama
7:00am – 9:00am Vibrant Living Yoga Class
9:00am – 10:00am Breakfast
10:00am – 1:00pm Lecture, discussion, techniques.
1:00pm – 4:00pm Lunch/Break
4:00pm – 6:00pm Lecture, discussion, techniques, practicum, asana.
6:30pm – 7:30pm Dinner/Break
7:30pm – 9:00pm Satsang & special activities (guest lecture, film, kirtan)

If you want to read more, you can check out the Radiantly Alive web site.

In other exciting news, I have been working on my flexibility every day after class with extra stretching and today I did my splits on both sides!!! I haven't done that in probably 15 years so I'm super happy :)  

2 comments:

  1. This is super awesome! I'm so excited for all the amazing things you're about to learn. And I'm super jealous of your splits! I'm inspired now to stretch more. I'm just not quite loose enough yet, and I know the running doesn't help. But I'm not giving it up, so we'll see. Gimme any tips you've got! :)

    Yael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you did the splits! That is so awesome. I can't wait to hear more about your adventures. I am living vicariously through you!

    Meighan

    ReplyDelete