Sunday, October 23, 2011

Finish

I can't believe I'm finished with training - this month flew by so fast! Our last couple days of days were nice - on Friday evening we had a ritual at the botanical garden in Ubud. It was beautiful there! We were lucky to have Dave Stringer there with us (a famous Kirtan singer in the yoga world) and Alanna Kaivalya (also a singer and a Jivamukti yoga instructor). Everyone was singing and dancing which was fun - but my favorite part of the night was when we stopped and sat in silence and we could hear all the creatures in the trees around us (frogs, crickets, birds, monkeys, etc.). It was dark so the stars were in the sky along with a bunch of fireflies - so cool! I could have stayed there all night - loved it! As we were leaving, I saw glowing on the ground along the path - they were glow worms! I didn't know they actually existed...I thought they were just made up in cartoons, ha ha.













Saturday we had a "graduation" to receive our certificates, a fancy dinner (we dressed up and they served us dinner on the patio rather than the regular serve-yourself in the dining room), and then a gift exchange. I met such amazing people here, it's sad to leave! I'm excited to see everyone at home though, and now I have people to visit all over the world :)

receiving my certificate:






final dinner w/ my villa-mates:
(from left to right) Sheri, Kim, me, Ross, Ellen, and Anne Marie






Oh - and I almost burnt down the yoga shala on Saturday...that would have been bad! We finished meditation and were about to start our yoga class. I took off my sarong, folded it, and placed it up on the window sill...apparently a little too close to a candle because a minute later Juniper was calling my name and pointing at the smoke. I jumped up and put the flames out which had luckily just started - good thing she noticed! So now I have holes in my sarong...but that's way better than what could have happened.




No comments:

Post a Comment