Wednesday, October 12, 2011

rough patch

Well I suppose the honeymoon had to come to an end eventually. This has been a rough week - I don't really like the instructor we have right now. His name is Edward and he's this crazy, eccentric, British guy. He's entertaining in a way...kind of like watching Monty Python - you can't understand half of what he says but it's funny none the less. However, I don't like that he mocks us when we do something incorrectly. I know the purpose is to trigger us in order to bring up emotions that we need to deal with, so I guess it's working...but it's not fun.

I tried to just brush it off on Monday but on Tuesday I got pretty upset. I was doing a pose and he came over and got right on my mat in my face and was ridiculing me for doing it incorrectly. I couldn't understand what the problem was though because he wasn't showing me the right way to do it, he was only telling me that it was wrong. Then he gave me a manual adjustment that wrenched my back in a way that hurt...so between the pain and embarrassment I started crying. That only made matters worse because then he yelled at me for not breathing properly, lol! To top it off, this was all being video taped because they are filming segments to put on the web site. Not a good day for me...

I woke up this morning and was pretty crabby so I was kind of lazy in our first class. Then after breakfast I felt better and put more effort into the second class. Luckily we had the afternoon off so I went to town and had a massage & body scrub - just what I needed! We only have three more classes with him so I'll survive...and keep my fingers crossed that I like Kathy better next week.

Anyway - that's all for now. Here are a few more pictures.



















No comments:

Post a Comment