Friday, October 14, 2011

Threes

Well they say strange things happen in threes:
Yesterday there was a 6.8 earthquake off the coast of Bali. We are inland, so we didn't get the full force here but we felt it strongly for I'm guessing 30-60 seconds (hard to have a sense of time while it was happening). It was actually pretty funny timing-wise because we were right in the middle of a chanting class when the whole building started to shake so we were joking around about our singing moving the earth (gotta love nerdy yoga humor). We were upstairs in a two story building so we went downstairs and then outside...figured we were safer out there in case anything collapsed, but luckily everything was okay. There was a small aftershock a couple hours later but I was taking a nap and didn't notice.

The second random thing happened in the afternoon. Our shala (the room where we have class) has a vaulted ceiling and a couple days ago I noticed a huge lizard up in the rafters. I didn't think much of it at the time, but yesterday it totally pooped from 30 feet up in the air right onto this girl's leg! It happened to be during one of Edward's classes and he didn't realize what was going on so he yelled at her for getting out of the pose, lol! He laughed when he figured it out though :)

This morning we had our last class with Edward - yay, I survived and now we have a new instructor, Kathy. I have to say that even though I didn't like his style, I did learn a few things from him so it was still a good week. Right after class the third thing happened...they surprised us with a beach day!!! I was super excited because I haven't been to the beach since before our training started. It was about an hour and a half drive to get there and they had fresh coconuts waiting for us when we arrived, yum! We spent the afternoon swimming, tanning, and taking pictures in the sand - so much fun!



















No comments:

Post a Comment